The following page contains definitions of various terms specifically to the Phantonics series.
- Ability: A mysterious power that can emerge from an individual upon a person "awakening" their inner phantons.
- Awakening: A transformation phantons can go through within an individual. This unlocks the capability to use Abilities as well as increase the person's durability and vitality.
- Chaon: Considered the opposite of the phanton. They are highly unstable particles responsible for the existence of Chaonic Entities. Humans are not supposed to interact with them normally, yet are able to under certain conditions.
- Chaonic Entity: A being created from and composed of chaons, such as Smokey and Medusa.
- Core: A small silver ball made up of phantonite. These balls have unique phantonic code programmed into them, and when they react to the phantons of the user, they will transform into various weapons and shapes.
- Ghost: A Phantonic Entity created by phantons remaining on the earth's surface and merging back together after one passes. Also referred to as a "Spirit".
- Intelligent Occurrence: When phantons gather into the form of a ghost and are able to freely interact with the world around them. They usually hold a lot more phantonic power than a residual occurrence, although it is still difficult for them to leave the area where their phantons originally gathered.
- Phanton: Particles existing within each person. They are responsible for the existence of Abilities and Phantonic Entities.
- Phantonic Entity: A being created from and composed of phantons, such as Ghosts/Spirits.
- Phantonics: The study of the phanton.
- Phantonite: A special kind of material that was artificially produced. It reacts heavily to phantons, and can even change and expand its shape based on the values presented to it. Phantonite is used in almost everything related to phantonic technology and is even used to construct weapons for Unity.
- Residual Occurrence: When phantons gather into the form of a ghost and occasionally replay events of that person’s life. They are usually weaker and are indefinitely stuck to the area where their phantons gather.
- Spirit: Another term for "Ghost".
- Unity: A group in the Phantonics universe made up of powerful people, both with Abilities and without. Stationed in Nexus City, the main goal of the group is to protect Requiem from threats, mainly those caused by chaonic activity.
- Xavier’s Ceiling: A theoretical barrier in between the exosphere and thermosphere that is undetectable by humans and technology. The theory of its existence came about during a study of phantons leaving the earth’s surface. At this altitude, they seem to disappear, yet show the same kind of behavior as a ghost being formed before doing so. It was named after the scientist who discovered the phanton, Xavier Ouderkirk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.